November 24, 2010

For One Week

Today, while sitting at my laptop attempting to squeeze the creativity out of my skull, I thought of an idea.  Lately, I've been having trouble thinking of anything to write, probably because my plan of writing something every day backfired on me.


So for the next week, I'm going to look up a different type of poetry each day, and attempt to write that. 


So upon making this decision, I found a site that lists 51 different forms of poetry.  For today, I'm going to pick the type.  After today though, I'm asking you guys, the readers to choose a form for me.  My only rules are that it can not be an Epic Poem (Have any of you ever read Beowulf?  It's terrifying), and I won't do the same form twice. 


I am doing this 1-week project for 2 reasons: 
  1. I'm hoping that it will help me to write
  2. To teach me different types of poetry, as I usually don't even use any form
So I'm going to go write today's poem, and I'll post later with the form, and the poem.  Be excited! :)
<3


PS.  For any of you out there reading, that like to write - JOIN ME!  It's going to be fun, and I'd love to see what you guys come up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3