December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night

Tonight is Christmas Eve., and the presents are wrapped beneath the tree just waiting to be opened.  My Kitty has been curiously inspecting them over the past few days, and the paper on a few of them bear the casualty of her touch.  (Okay, I'll stop trying to make it sound pretty - she ripped the paper on a couple of the gifts.  She's angry with them for sitting where she intends to take her naps)
My mom has already made plate-fulls of hundreds of her chocolate-covered pretzels that she only makes once a year, and which all her friends tell her she should make a website to sell.  (I can remember, as a little girl still in Catholic grade-school, how she would make hundreds of them just for my brother and I to take into school, aside from the hundreds that she makes otherwise.  We's spend hours melting chocolate, freezing the now covered pretzels, and stuffing bags with them to take into school for our classmates.  Because my mom works full-time, and has been known over the years to work two jobs at a time, the pretzels never had a specific time when they were made, just always somewhere between November 1st, and December 24th; so beginning in the 2nd or 3rd week of November, when my birthday was beginning to approach, my friends would begin pestering me as to when the pretzels would be arriving.)
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday-eve, and enjoy your day tomorrow!  We'll be celebrating tonight, since my mom has work tomorrow and my dad, brother and I will be going to my uncle's house to celebrate.
Enjoy your time with family, and I'll see you guys in a few days!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3