November 30, 2010

Cinquain Poetry with five lines. Line 1 has one word (the title). Line 2 has two words that describe the title. Line 3 has three words that tell the action. Line 4 has four words that express the feeling, and line 5 has one word which recalls the title.

Winter
Impossibly cold
Sweeping over everyone
Bringing sadness and regret
Winter

(I hope I did that right)  
So I wrote this yesterday, but never got a chance to post it.  Sorry about that. :-/  But here it is now, an also, here's today's! 


Ghazal A short lyrical poem that arose in Urdu. It is between 5 and 15 couplets long. Each couplet contains its own poetic thought but is linked in rhyme that is established in the first couplet and continued in the second line of each pair. The lines of each couplet are equal in length. 

I stood on my own, feeling the breeze blow past,
Bringing with it, the memories of my own past.

I stood on the sands of a beach, when at last,
I remembered a moment, from years in my past.

I walked to the ocean, feeling it surround me like a cast,
And recalled certain feelings, blown to me from my past.


Okay, a) I know those lines aren't all the same length, and b) I know that's less then 5 couplets.  I'm having a lot of trouble with this one, just because I can not find enough words that I can use which rhyme with past. I might come back to it later, and try to add the last two couplets...

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3