December 1, 2010

A Storm

Still no suggestions on poetry forms from you guys, so I've chosen again.  
Today, I'm doing a Tanka - a classic form of Japanese poetry related to the haiku with five unrhymed lines of five, seven, five, seven, and seven syllables. (5, 7, 5, 7, 7)
Wind sweeps angrily
underneath a graying sky.
It brings in the rain
bitterly and with sadness
she sweeps the world with revenge
It's been raining for most of the day here. I know that it's been snowing in some other places though, like Pittsburgh and Happy Valley.
(I'm learning that I'm terrible at counting syllables. I mean, I can count the syllables, but it gives me a lot of trouble making sure I don't go over.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3