January 12, 2011

More to come tomorrow



Hopefully, I'll have some more photos for you guys tomorrow.  
Last night, it snowed in 49 of the 50 United States of America.  (Hawaii was the only state not to receive snow)  Fortunately, it wasn't too bad around here, so I'm hoping to be able to go for a walk and get some photos for you guys tomorrow. :)


President Obama is giving a memorial speech for the Tucson shooting.  I know it's amazing and wonderful that Rep. Giffords is alive and doing well, but I can't help but be more upset by the fact that 6 people - including a 9-year old girl - were killed, and 2 others were injured.  It's absolutely terrible, and I can't think of a way to talk about it, so I'll stop now.  But I do think it was wonderful that the President called off his trip to give this speech, and attend the funerals - whether or not you are a Democrat, or like President Obama, I think it needs to be said that he is a good President who is doing everything he can for the country.  (I don't like talking Politics, especially on here because it's too inflammatory, so I'll stop now.)
<3

2 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing that it snowed in almost every state! Does it ever even snow in Hawaii? I've always thought of it as a very tropical place so...

    That shooting was horrible, we heard about it over here in England too :( I don't know anything about Politics but it's so sad that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my dad was saying that last year, during one of the snow storms we had (there were quite a few...), it snowed in Hawaii. I don't know how accurate that is, or where he heard it, but that's what he told me. (It shocked me as well, because I always thought the same as you)

    As for the shooting, I still can't believe it. I don't know much of anything about politics either, which is why I can't really say much about it, but I thought that it should at least be mentioned...

    Thanks for reading and commenting! :)
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3