August 22, 2011

Weekly Gratitude (4)

I know I haven't done one of these in a couple of weeks now, but today I really think I need to voice (write?) my gratitude.  So here goes.

** Today at work, we received a call from one of my best friends.  
She was rushing home from work, having just received a call form a friend at the fire department telling her that her home was on fire.  
As it turns out, the neighbors (she lives in a twin) had left a lit cigarette in their bedroom that morning before leaving the house.  When the distress call was put in, my friend was called as well because the houses are connected.  
Tonight, I am grateful that my friend is okay, and that her home retained no real damage aside from some soot on her windowsills, a strong smell of barbecue in her bedroom, and the two destroyed doors which the firemen had to kick down in order to make sure nobody was inside the house. **

** I am grateful that I work in a restaurant where the staff is genuinely concerned about our safety, and where I have close friends who work with me. **

Every so often, I think that it is important for something like what happened to my friend today to happen to all of us.  It forces us to see the important things in our lives, and to be thankful for them.
I have been incredibly stressed over the past few days, and today made me realize that the things I was worried about are nothing that should upset me.  I am incredibly blessed with some very good friends who I know will help me through days like the past few, and who I would do the same thing for no matter what.  
Despite what has had me upset lately (and I'm sure a few of you saw the post I recently deleted from the other night), I have plenty in my life to be thankful for.

So friends, what are you grateful for this week?  Have you ever had something happen to you which made you forget everything you were upset about, and just be grateful for the good things in your life?
I'd love to hear about it, and don't forget to link up at Love, Life, Lace if you decide to make a post of your own!

<3 Kiersten

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3