November 13, 2010

I Am Me

I am me - that is, whoever "me" is.
I race with the wind, just to see who wins - 
just to see who makes it first to the finish line.
I am lying in the grass, just to watch the sun shine.


I am period, apostrophe, coma, exclamation point,
I am "let's get the hell out of this joint!,"
while the last buzzer rings,
and everyone runs to collect their things.


I am a rhyme with no reason,
the girl who committed treason
against everything she ever knew,
because she was searching for something brand new.


I am a poem, a paragraph, a rhyme with no home.
I am the music that plays at the end of a show.
I am a girl, a lover, a daughter, a friend.  I am "me", whoever that is.
I am watching the Happy New Year! champagne fizz


I am well aware that that poem meant absolutely nothing.  But a lot of what I write has no meaning, and I guess that's not such a bad thing, right?  Okay...maybe it is sort of bad, but I wrote something, and I'm going to call that enough for today.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog...and I like the poem:)

    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you so much for stopping by mine. :) If I could figure out how, I'd follow you, but for now I'll just have to find my way back to it.
    And thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3