November 14, 2010

One Last Time

I can feel the cool sand rush between my toes,
as if it knows where I'm going, and wants to come too.
But the waves continue to crash their way through life,
and I think what they're saying, is it's time to go.
But just one more time, can I lie here and wait?
As of there's something else coming tomorrow,
I'll just lie in the sand, enveloped by summer's promise,
and I'll wait for the tomorrow that I know isn't coming.
I'll wait for whatever comes next, to be washed away by waves,
to mingle with the shells, the sand, the salty tears in the ocean.

Too soon, the weekend's over.  But it was beautiful, sunny and warm.  I hope you were able to get out and enjoy it, yourself. 
There's also something in "other artistic ramblings", if you guys want to check that out. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3