December 9, 2010

Coffee Shop Memories

"Stillness vs. Motion.  It only a relative matter."  
Do you remember that time in the coffee house - we were sitting across from each other, not saying very much of anything.  You had ordered a small hot chocolate (because coffee had never been your thing), and were sprinkling cinnamon and nutmeg on it, because you wanted it to feel more like winter.  

You looked up from your cup, and asked me what I was thinking about that I was being so quiet; I told you that I was wondering, not about anything in particular, but if out place on this earth really meant much in the end.  

Do you remember what you told me then?  You told me that we didn't mean anything at all, that in the end, we'd be scattered just as though we were sand on a beach.  For some reason, this was the answer I'd been searching for all along, I think because it was the honest one.

Maybe, in the end, when we look at ourselves next to the ocean, or in comparison to Times Square, who we are and what we've done with our lives means nothing; but I think, at least, that who we are and what we've done with our lives means very much to each other.  I think that was what I was really asking you.
________________________________________________________________

It feels good to have written something without forcing myself to write it, and without worrying about any sort of "form".  It's not very much, I know.  But it's a start. 

Also, I have been lurking about on this site, and they've made me aware of just how often I use the words "and", "like", and "but".  I tried not to do that so much here. :)

<3 


PS. I love comments, so please leave me some love letting me know what you think!!  But when you do, leave your name so I can follow you back to your blog or whatever, because that's another thing I love - finding new, awesome blogs to read! :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3