November 20, 2010

That Point in the Night

It's that point in the night where you're not asleep, but you're not awake either. You passed tired a large pizza split between five friends and three games of Uno ago.  Now you're at that point where you might not be able to sleep even if you tried.  And you want to go to sleep, on some level, but you can't make yourself move, because you'll feel left out of something - like the day has given you this gift, and you can't waste it.


It's that point in the night where the day splits in two, and you start to think that what happened a few hours ago, was yesterday.  Everything's fuzzy, but in a way, you remember it all clearly, because in a way, it was all important.  And you know you'll never remember it in the morning, but right now, you can't imagine ever forgetting it.  


It's that point in the night, where lines blur, and the difference between what you're seeing and what you're dreaming isn't clear.  It's a mixed version of some new reality that you never want to end.  
____________________________


Okay, so I just added to what I wrote last night.  Every time I read over what I wrote, I felt like it was so abrupt, and I know that's because I was exhausted last night when I wrote it.  So even though it might not be that good at all, at least I can tell myself I finished it.  Whatever "it" is.


So I'm working on making a page with links to other blogs for you guys to check out.  The page is called "Looking for more to read?" and it's at the top of the page.  If you want more information, go check the page out. :)
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! It means so much to me, and I really do love reading all your messages! <3